This came from one of the volumes in my e-cookbook collection-- it's meant to yield one 12" pizza but I get about two 8" or 9" individual pizzas with it. You can bake the raw dough with sauce and cheese on it but I prefer to bake ahead and freeze the crusts so I can just thaw it out then put sauce and toppings on. According to the instructions, you can use regular all-purpose flour if you don't have bread flour. (1 3/4 cups AP flour + 5 1/4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten = 1 3/4 cups bread flour)
- Proof the yeast in the warm water with the honey or sugar for 8-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients together and knead well, about 2-5 minutes.
- If the dough seems a little sticky, dust your hands with some flour and knead again.
- Grease a pizza pan or pie pan with cooking spray, and place the dough into it-- entire thing if a 12" pie, or half for an 8" or 9" pan.
- I prefer to bake these crusts ahead of time-- but if you want to eat it now, you can put the sauce, cheese, toppings, etc. on it and use the same baking instructions.
- Bake at 500F for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are nice and brown.