Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This came from one of the volumes in my e-cookbook collection-- it's meant to yield one 12" pizza but I get about two 8" or 9" individual pizzas with it. You can bake the raw dough with sauce and cheese on it but I prefer to bake ahead and freeze the crusts so I can just thaw it out then put sauce and toppings on. According to the instructions, you can use regular all-purpose flour if you don't have bread flour. (1 3/4 cups AP flour + 5 1/4 teaspoons vital wheat gluten = 1 3/4 cups bread flour)
- 3⁄4 cup warm water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey (or sugar)
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 3⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Proof the yeast in the warm water with the honey or sugar for 8-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Add the remaining ingredients together and knead well, about 2-5 minutes.
- If the dough seems a little sticky, dust your hands with some flour and knead again.
- Grease a pizza pan or pie pan with cooking spray, and place the dough into it-- entire thing if a 12" pie, or half for an 8" or 9" pan.
- I prefer to bake these crusts ahead of time-- but if you want to eat it now, you can put the sauce, cheese, toppings, etc. on it and use the same baking instructions.
- Bake at 500F for 8-12 minutes or until the edges are nice and brown.
Delicious! I baked this with toppings (cheese, sauce, fried onions) and it baked perfectly. I used a 9 inch pizza pan and pulled the extra dough at the edges up and over cheese chunks to make a cheese stuffed crust. Definitely keeping this recipe!
Thank you so much!! I was in the mood for pizza tonight and needed a *quick* recipe. This was PERFECT. The first 'batch' I made as-written for the kids. Second batch I used whole wheat flour 5 1/4 tsp vital wheat gluten with a bit of Parmesean cheeze and flax seed mill thrown in for the healthy/nutty flavour we like. I was able to get 1 thin crust 12 inch pizza and one large thin crust 16 inch pizza from a doubled batch of this recipe. I was looking for a 'base' recipe I could tweak to make 'whole grain' and still be quick. This was PERFECT!! Thank you so much!
I've tried dozens of pre-made pizza crusts, frozen doughs and handmade recipes this is by far the best pizza crust I have ever had. Believe the hype! I even like this better than the delivery pizza crusts I've had. Super easy to make and super delicious.