Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick to make, and made without eggs. My husband loves these with a good cup of coffee.
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 cup margarine or 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- Stir together first five ingredients; set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in applesauce; mixture will look curdled.
- Beat in flour mixture until well-blended.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes or until browned around edges and top springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool on wire racks.