Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Made with a prepared stuffing mix. I like the way this sounds and wanted to post it for future use. You can make a day ahead of serving and just reheat until heated through.
- 1 (16 ounce) package seasoned stuffing mix, Pepperidge Farm brand
- 2 3⁄4 cups chicken broth, can use water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4-1 1⁄2 lbs winesap apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs granny smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 3⁄4 lb raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Make stuffing mix on stove top according to package directions which are here: heat broth or water, with the butter or margarine, to a boil and remove from the heat. Add the stuffing mix and toss lightly with a fork until moist throughout.
- Add apples and raisins; mix thoroughly.
- Place in a casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes.
- *May be reheated and tastes even better the next day.