Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 5 winesap apples
- 10 canned refrigerated biscuits
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel, half and core apples.
- Roll out refrigerator biscuits to about 6 to 7" in diameter.
- Place one apple half in center of each biscuit and wrap ends over top.
- Heat water, sugar, butter and cinnamon until butter melts.
- Pour over biscuit-wrapped apples and bake at 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Baste with juice every 15 minutes.
So, so easy. I used Grands flaky biscuits and Fuji apples---not the best choice of apples, but I couldn't find the ones I wanted right now. I also added 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract to the liquid after it came to a boil. Gotta eat these while they're hot, spoon that liquid from the bottom of the pan over the dumplings and serve them with vanilla ice cream. Completely yummy!