Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
too easy and tastes great! I baked the squash this morning, mashed it and put it in the fridge until dinner when i baked it again.the cinnamon is a nice complement to the squash, which i usually eat plain.
- 1 butternut squash
- no cal butter-flavored cooking spray
- bake the squash, covered, with water for 1hr.
- scoop and mash in pie pan.
- season with cinnamon and spray butter to taste.
- you can eat it now or refrigerate until ready.
- then bake again for about 45 minute covered for 1/2 hour then uncover for last 10-15 minute.
I just love butternut squash and often roast it this same way - putting it in the oven in a roasting pan with about 2 inches of water (uncovered) and set delay start on my oven so when I walk in from work the house smells heavenly! I love the addition of a little spray butter and cinnamon - gives it a nice flavor! Reviewed for healthy choices ABC game.