Recipe by Kree
This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn't feeling too motivated. I love Crock-Pot cooking!
Top Review by JOY1998
Thank you for posting this recipe. I read all the reviews and found that I had like many of the reviewers used Sweet Baby Rays barbecue sauce. I shred the chicken after 4-5 hours and let it soak up all the sauce. Also, I added a couple teaspons of liquid smoke. I have used this recipe before and intend on using it many times in the future. Great recipe. The taste along with the ease of preparation cannot be beat!!
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (18 ounce) jarof your favorite barbecue sauce (I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.