This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn't feeling too motivated. I love Crock-Pot cooking!
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you're like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- An easy weeknight meal that doesn't heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
- I love this with potato chips and a carrot and raisin salad.