Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is the way we usually make corn on the cob. I prefer it without the melted butter. It's simple, hardly takes any time and is good for health too!
- 3 corn on the cob, husked
- water, as required
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 lemons, cut in the centre (optional)
- Pour water in a pressure cooker (enough to boil the corn).
- Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt to the water.
- Add the corn on the cob.
- Tightly close the cooker with its lid.
- Boil the corn on high flame till it's cooked completely (upto 6 whistles).
- This takes 10-12 minutes.
- Open the cooker.
- Carefully, remove the corn.
- Wrap in individual foils.
- Serve immediately along with a lemon each if desired to brush the coat of the corn before eating.
I did not use a pressure cooker either because I do not have one. I love corn on the cob and found this recipe to be quite tasty and obviously very easy. A good recipe for the health conscious individual.
I really liked this recipe. I accidentally added ground red pepper thinking I had grabbed the chili powder. I did add the chili powder as well though. I didn't cook it in a pressure cooker either, just a regular pot. I will make this again. It's very easy and great with grilled food!