This recipe came from a family friend and has been a "go to" weeknight meal since my husband and I were first married. Now our kids love it! I usually serve this with some fresh fruit and muffins.
- In a large wok or high sided skillet, cook bacon over medium high heat until done.
- Remove bacon from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Add green onion to bacon grease and cook until tender and slightly translucent.
- Add rice to pan and cook until rice is very lightly brown and cooked throughout.
- Push rice to the sides and add egg into center of pan.
- Quickly scramble cook eggs.
- Push rice back into center of pan and mix all thoroughly.
- Season with soy sauce to taste.
I have been looking for that just right Fried Rice recipe and this is *it*. Wonderful blend of flavors. I did add about 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the rice for a little moisture. I also cook my rice in chicken stock. *Made for PAC spring 2009* Thanks !