Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
My Favorite fall/winter soup, I get a TON of requests for this, even from meat-eaters!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (19 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
- 1 (26 ounce) jar cheese pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs veggie crumbles, i use boca brand (equivalent to 1-1/2 lbs ground beef)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- 12 ounces ditalini, reserving liquid, cooked according to package directions or 12 ounces shell pasta, reserving liquid, cooked accoding to package directions
- Saute onion in oil in large pot until soft.
- Add garlic and saute few more minutes.
- Add beans with their liquid.
- Add jarred pasta sauce and simmer while cooking pasta.
- When pasta is done, add Boca Crumbles to sauce & bean mixture then add drained pasta and cheese, reserving pasta cooking liquid.
- Let sit for a half an hour and add reserved pasta cooking liquid to thin to desired consitstency.
- Will get better and thicker as it sits.
- Serve with more cheese for garnish.