Recipe by MissTinkJordan
I find the advantage of this recipe not only being easy, but also you can cook more than 1 slab at a time (which you cant on the average BBQ grill).
Top Review by coleen114
While the cooking method was fantastic, still-moist meat fell off the bones, I can't say the spices were just right for us. They were a bit on the salty side even though I quartered the salt in the seasoning recipe. I guess I'm still on a quest for the best rib recipe.
- 2 pork rib racks
- yellow mustard
- barbecue sauce (I prefer Sweet Baby Rays)
- all purpose seasoning (recipe to follow )
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup onion and garlic powder, depends on your taste i use 1/2 of both
- 1⁄8 cup coarse black pepper, i mix it and put it in a shaker and use it for everything
Directions See How It's Made
- Hand massage the yellow mustard on all surfaces of the ribs.
- Then to taste sprinkle the all purpose seasoning to the ribs.
- Place in a baking pan or roasting pan and set the over for 225-250°F.
- Bake for at least 5 hours.
- One hour before they are done, begin to baste with BBQ sauce every 30 minutes till you get a decent coating. If you like, you may broil at the end for a little crispness, but the bones by this time will be falling out. Leftovers (if you have any) may be used for pulled pork sandwiches.