1/1 Photo of Easy Alfredo Sauce
Chef Jan54321's Note:
This is a very creamy sauce. As its name implies it is very easy...I love to do it with cooked shrimp and what ever fresh veggies I have and put it over noodles. You can use any meat you like. I cook the meat in a separate pan and pour the Alfredo sauce over when cooked. YUMMY!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (best room temp)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups whole milk (cream or half and half)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
lower fat version
- 1Melt butter over low heat (do not burn or sauce will take on nutty flavor).
- 2With a whisk, mix in the cream cheese and whisk until completely combined. (At first it will seem like it won't combine, but keep stirring until it does).
- 3Add milk and flour and continue to whisk.
- 4Once it heats up and is smooth add parmesan cheese and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- 5Let it sit for a few minute to thicken.
- 6Lower fat recipe. Follow directions above--it will be slightly thinner, but will thicken upon standing.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1020.1
- Calories from Fat 809
- Total Fat 89.9 g
- Saturated Fat 54.1 g
- Cholesterol 263.1 mg
- Sodium 1284.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 28.5 g