Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
You can spread a red meatsauce over top for a pretty contrast if you like. You can make this in bread pans and eat one now and freeze the other for later. Or make a big batch and watch it be devoured at your next holiday gathering. This came from Savvy Holiday Entertaining.
- 16 ounces no-boil lasagna noodles (1 box)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sausage (1 package)
- 16 ounces alfredo sauce
- Combine ground beef and sausage with your choice of seasoning and cook over medium heat until brown. While the meat mixture is cooking, mix together ricotta and parmesan with eggs. Stir until blended, set aside.
- When the meat is browned, drain as much grease as possible from it before stirring into egg and cheese mixture.
- Spray a bread pan or casserole with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in enough sauce to cover the bottom of the pan, layer in a noodle. In the bread pan, one noodle fills the bottom and makes layering a snap.
- Next, layer on meat mixture and top with shredded mozzarella. Repeat layering process with sauce, noodle, meat and cheese. Pour a final layer of sauce and then top off with cheese. Cover with foil and bake about 35 minutes, until mixture is bubbly, then remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and edges are brown.
- Remove from oven, let cool a few minutes before plating. Serve with warm, crusty bread and a green salad for a lovely and simple meal.