Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a complete meal, in one dish. The leftovers are easily transformed into a 2nd meal.
Make and share this Easy, 2 Meals in One Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 6 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato juice
On the side
- 5 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- preheat oven to 350.
- crush crackers.
- beat egg.
- combine all meat loaf ingredients.
- mould into a log shape.
- place into a deep oblong roasting pan (with lid).
- Surround meat loaf with patatoes and carrots.
- cover with 1 can of tomato soup and all of tomato juice.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid.
- add second can of tomato soup, directly on top of meat loaf.
- Return to oven, without lid, and bake another 1/2 hour.
- The next day, I make a second meal of the leftovers, by cutting up meat in chunks (leave meat,patatoes and carrots in the sauce) and serve over rice or pasta.
- OPTION: I sometimes add a handful (1/4 cup) of basmati rice to the mixture before cooking.
Hey this was really good. I had almost everything I needed. I went to the cornor store that sold hot dogs and took a small cup from home they gave the Tablespoon of sweet relish. It had lots of good flavor and family ate the rest of it when they got here as we made that nights meal. Thank You
My only complaint is that the cooking time/temp was way off for me! I had to cook this dish for two hours at 400! Otherwise, a very tasty dish.
Very Good meatloaf, it was so easy to through together, and it had a really good flavor. I usually use a couple different meatloaf recipes, but i am going to be using this one from now on! Thank you Nat Da Brat for sharing this recipe.