Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a complete meal, in one dish. The leftovers are easily transformed into a 2nd meal.
Make and share this Easy, 2 Meals in One Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 6 saltine crackers
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato juice
On the side
- 5 potatoes, cut into quarters
- 6 carrots, cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- preheat oven to 350.
- crush crackers.
- beat egg.
- combine all meat loaf ingredients.
- mould into a log shape.
- place into a deep oblong roasting pan (with lid).
- Surround meat loaf with patatoes and carrots.
- cover with 1 can of tomato soup and all of tomato juice.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove lid.
- add second can of tomato soup, directly on top of meat loaf.
- Return to oven, without lid, and bake another 1/2 hour.
- The next day, I make a second meal of the leftovers, by cutting up meat in chunks (leave meat,patatoes and carrots in the sauce) and serve over rice or pasta.
- OPTION: I sometimes add a handful (1/4 cup) of basmati rice to the mixture before cooking.