Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Easter eggs can be use as Deviled Eggs or Potato Salad as will into a Delicious Egg Salad for Sandwiches I mean, didn't everyone's mom make egg salad just like this? This classic egg salad is perfect for sandwiches or on a cracker. The secret to great egg salad is to mix the cold mayo with the still hot yolks. This makes a much creamier base to add the rest of the ingredients to.
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- 2. Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Stir and serve on your favorite bread or crackers.
- My Note: It states 1/4 cup of green onion, but my recipe is only about 2tbs or to your preference. Oh and its a simple recipe, open to add any other things you would like to it if you are a veggie lover.
- The first try was just as the recipe states and the second time I added a little celery and dill. Both times were very good! This is good just as is, but you can doll it up any way you like. For me, that meant adding celery, because for us it just isn't egg salad without it. But in the end, this is an egg salad recipe for what it is - a good, basic, classic, egg salad, and not for all the fussier things it isn't. Some time I subbed pickels for the green onion and used dijon mustard. I liked the addition of paprika. Served it on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and a few more pickle planks.
- I would love to hear any improvements and/or variations you make to this simple recipe. Enjoy!