Recipe by MissTiff16
I got this recipe off a NISHIKI Premium Grade Rice bag (Sushi Rice). It sounded so yummy and I didn't want to lose it! Really Simple too!
- 3 cups cooked sushi rice, Cooled (Nishiki is really good)
- 3⁄4 cup celery, Thinly Sliced
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, Shelled and Cooked
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, Chopped (And Tops)
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar (Marukan Gourmet)
- 5 large butter lettuce leaves (Or other lettuce)
- 1 medium avocado
- toasted sesame seeds, For garnish
- wasabi powder, Prepared (paste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rice, celery shrimp, green onions & tops and vinegar. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, arrage a lettuce leaf on each 5 individual serving plates. Top with about 3/4 cup rice mixture. Remove peel and seed from avocado. Thinly slice avocado and divide among the 5 plates.
- Sprinkle lightly with toasted sesame seeds and serve with Hime Japanese Horseradish Powder (Wasabi), prepared, if desired. Makes 4-5 servings.