This recipe is an adaption of one our neighbor serves on Christmas Eve. I am from the prairies, and the nearly four years spent in the Halifax area were the best. Now that I am back home, I miss it terribly. This recipe helps me feel like I am back there with my friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chop bacon, fry until brown. Drain most of the fat off.
- 2In the same pan, sauté the onion and celery until tender.
- 3Add bacon back to the pan.
- 4Add condensed milk and regular milk.
- 5Add potato and bay leaf.
- 6Cube fish and add to the pot.
- 7Add shrimp, scallops and whatever other seafood you are using.
- 8Cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes, or until potato is tender and seafood is cooked.
- 9If there are leftovers, they are best eaten within 2 days.
- 10Serve with warm buns or biscuits.
- 11Makes 4 main servings, or 8 appetizer servings.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for East Coast Seafood Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.0 mg
- Sodium 187.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 8.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: