Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this recipe from my grandmother and has got to be the most simple way to make lasagna. Enjoy!
- 1 (32 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 10 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs uncooked lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 9 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- Layer in a 9X13 pan as follows:.
- 1 cup sauce on the bottom of the pan.
- 5 noodles on top of sauce.
- 1/2 of raw ground beef, broken up.
- 1 1/2 cup sauce.
- 5 noodles.
- layer of mozzarella cheese to cover.
- the rest of the ground beef.
- the rest of the sauce.
- Layer with the rest of the mozzarella and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 1 hour covered.
- Uncover and bake 30-40 minutes more.
- Cool 5 minutes before cutting.
OMG..... I have a 4 month old, and a 8 yr old. Time is of the essance....this was fast, easy and most important delicious. Thank you.
My family really liked this. Two of us don't like the ricotta or cottage cheese in most lasagnas. Two of us kind of missed that part, but still liked it. I made this even easier by using 3 Tbs. dehydrated minced onion & 3 Tbs. water for that layer. The cooking time was on the money for me. Thanks for posting.
This was quick. easy and tasty. I was leary about putting raw hamburg in but it cooked up fine. I used onion powder instead of onions because of my kids. Baking time for me really needed adjusted though. I let it cook for an hour before checking and it was already done and a bit burnt. It was still good and will definately make again. I also had a jar 26 ounce jar of spaghetti sauce so added an 8 ounce can of tomato sauce. Made for Fall PAC 2007.