I hate Hershey's syrup. I can't help it. But I do LOVE chocolate sauce. I came up with this recipe in search of an easy solution with ingredients that I had on hand. Because it is made with Carnation Breakfast Essentials it even has vitamins. Try it on ice cream, cakes or whatever you desire. I won't judge. Hope you enjoy it!
- Empty packet of drink mix into a small saucepan.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, and turn on the burner to medium heat.
- Add chocolate chips and whisk until smooth.
- Cook for about 5 minutes stirring constantly until sauce is thickened but easy to pour.
- Add vanilla and whisk until smooth.