Prep 2 mins
Cook 3 mins
My kids learned to love steamed broccoli at a very early age and asked for it often. They thought the broccoli florets looked like little trees which they enjoyed accompanied by yummy cheese sauce. "Trees and cheese" is what they fondly called this favorite!
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- steamed broccoli (optional)
- Stir milk into mushroom soup; heat well, stirring, on stove or in microwave; add cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve over steamed broccoli, or use wherever cheese sauce is called for.
Super quick and easy! Yummy too of course! Whipped it up in no time and had the ingredients on hand. Everyone in my family hates mushrooms too, but I always have cream of mushroom soup for different recipes and they didn't have a clue! Next time though I think I might try cheddar cheese soup for that extra cheesy effect!!! Thanks!!
This is an excellent cheese sauce and I couldn't believe how easy! It's a perfect topping for broccoli (or any vegetable, for that matter). I may put it on cauliflower next. Thanks for sharing this winner.
Absolutely delicious cheese sauce!!! I added two cups of cheese instead of one and a half. A little grainy tasting I think because of the added cheese. However this had a wonderful flavor. I was skeptical this would have too much of a soup taste but it tasted like a cheese sauce that would be served in any gourmet restraunt!!!