1/5 Photos of Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Vino Girl's Note:
Allow an extra 30 minutes to chill the dough. From Real Simple (May 2005)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons earl grey tea leaves, from approximately 6 tea bags
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces (using margarine instead will make this vegan, although I think it would really change the flavor and)
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until the tea leaves are pulverized.
- 3Add vanilla, water, and butter; pulse together until a dough is formed.
- 4Divide the dough in half, placing each half on a sheet of plastic wrap.
- 5Roll each half into a 12-inch log.
- 6Wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- 7Slice each log into 1/3 inch thick pieces.
- 8Place on baking sheets lined with parchment paper or foil, 2 inches apart.
- 9Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes.
- 10Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Earl Grey Tea Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (9 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 72
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 44.0
- Calories from Fat 23
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.7 mg
- Sodium 16.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: