Recipe by angie_pangie
Taken from the 2006 Better Homes and Gardens Christmas Cookies Magazine. Bocca di Nonna means "Grandmother's Kisses" in Italian, a variation of Bocca di Dama (Lady's Kisses). I really want to try these!
Top Review by Sabrina_M
I made these cookies also from the magazine last xmas as give-aways. They were excellent!!! I did not make earl grey ganache, instead just bittersweet chocolate ganache. Absolutely fantastic! I also received a lot of raving comments on them.
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely ground blanched almonds
- 1⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 4 earl grey tea bags
- 4 ounces finely chopped milk chocolate
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, stir together flour and cocoa powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy, scraping side of bowl occasionally. Beat in almonds. Beat in flour mixture just until mixture is combined. Cover; chill dough about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or foil; set aside. Shape dough into 1-inch balls Place balls about 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet. Press each ball to flatten slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cool on cookie sheet on wire rack. Remove cooled cookies from cookie sheet. Spread about 1 teaspoon of Earl Grey Ganache on the flat side of each of half of the cookies. Top with remaining cookies, flat sides down.
- To make Earl Grey Ganache: In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 C whipping cream to boiling. Remove from heat.
- Add tea bags or tea ball, cover and let stand for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags or ball from cream. Squeeze tea bags well or press tea leaves in ball with the back of a spoon to release any liquid.
- Return cream to boiling and then remove from heat.
- Immediately add 4 ounces finely chopped milk chocolate and stir until chocolate melts and mixture is shiny and smooth.
- Cool mixture to room temperature before using.