Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lots of lasagna recipes on RecipeZaar but this one is very easy. I often substitute the store bought spaghetti sauce instead of making the sauce/paste combination in this recipe (I don't think you can tell the difference) - but be sure to add your own spices. The lasagna noodles do not need to be pre-cooked.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well incorporated.
- Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Made this for company last night and it was very good! My company enjoyed it very much.
Quick to put together and very tasty! However, the salt could be reduced or maybe left out altogether, as it was quite salty. I subbed ricotta for the cottage cheese, but other than that, made as directed. I love not having to cook the noodles!