Recipe by Claudia Dawn
Lots of lasagna recipes on RecipeZaar but this one is very easy. I often substitute the store bought spaghetti sauce instead of making the sauce/paste combination in this recipe (I don't think you can tell the difference) - but be sure to add your own spices. The lasagna noodles do not need to be pre-cooked.
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (12 ounce) package lasagna noodles
- 1 (12 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat cook the Italian sausage, onion, and garlic until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano and stir until well incorporated.
- Cook until heated through.
- In a large bowl mix together the cottage cheese, grated Parmesan cheese, and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Spoon a layer of the meat mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 pan.
- Add a double layer of the uncooked lasagna noodles.
- Top noodles with a portion of the cheese mixture.
- Repeat the layering of sauce, noodles, and cheese until all the ingredients are used.
- Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese on top.
- Cover and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour.