I love to make these out camping. After the meal I store leftovers in a zip-lock bag for breakfast (toasted on the grill with butter) or for lunch as rolls for sandwiches.
My Private Note
Rolls A ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl dissolve sugar in the milk.
- 2Sprinkle yeast over top of the milk.
- 3Add remaining ingredients, using only 1 1/2 cup of flour.
- 4Beat until smooth.
- 5Continue mixing with hands adding flour to make a soft dough.
- 6Cover and let raise until doubled.
- 7I look for a sunny spot on the picnic table so that it will raise quicker.
- 8Form into balls and place in a lightly oiled Pot.
- 9Let raise until doubled.
- 10Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 11For Dutch Oven users: About 6 or 8 coals on the bottom and 13 to 14 on top.
- 12I rotate the lid and oven a 1/4 turn every 10 to 15 minutes to insure even cooking.
- 13Do not be afraid to peak.
- 14Cooler days may take a little longer and warmer days may not take as long.
- 15Watch for the bread to pull away from the sides slightly and a nice light golden brown color on top.
- 16Don't burn!
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dutch Oven Yeast Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (671 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 72.5
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.2 mg
- Sodium 73.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 2.0 g