Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our youth group used to make these at fund raising yard sales. I am posting this recipe for family groups and one for large groups. Just like you get at the fair!
- Beat eggs, add milk and beat again.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- add egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 400 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a funnel.
- let batter drizzle into hot oil starting at the center and expanding in a circular motion, criss-crossing with the last bit of batter.
- brown on both sides.
- drain on paper towels.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Very easy and tasty! I did have to add considerably more milk (probably about 3/4 c) to make it pourable at all and added vanilla. They did not come out with quite the same texture as a fair funnel cake, possibly because of the extra liquid I had to add, but I am not sure how I could've made them without it.
YUM! Stuck inside today for Mardi Gras and just had to have a funnel cake in celebration. Easy to make.
this turned out fairly well, though not quite the flavor of the fair. Maybe because we weren't at the fair.