Recipe by Dawnab
Our youth group used to make these at fund raising yard sales. I am posting this recipe for family groups and one for large groups. Just like you get at the fair!
Top Review by under12parsecs
Very easy and tasty! I did have to add considerably more milk (probably about 3/4 c) to make it pourable at all and added vanilla. They did not come out with quite the same texture as a fair funnel cake, possibly because of the extra liquid I had to add, but I am not sure how I could've made them without it.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- powdered sugar
- oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs, add milk and beat again.
- Sift dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- add egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Heat oil to 400 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter into a funnel.
- let batter drizzle into hot oil starting at the center and expanding in a circular motion, criss-crossing with the last bit of batter.
- brown on both sides.
- drain on paper towels.
- sprinkle with powdered sugar.