- 4 center-cut pork chops, 1 1/4 inch thick
Pork chop dust
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
Candy syrupy coating
- 1 cup port wine
- 1 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, five spice powder, salt and pepper.
- Coat pork chops with dust.
- Brown in oil in a large skillet until golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a baking dish and bake 8 to 10 minutes, until just cooked through.
- Add to a skillet the port wine, and apple juice.
- Boil 12 to 14 minutes, until thick and syrupy, being careful not to burn.
- Return chops to skillet, turning to coat with glaze.
- Serve with remaining glaze.