Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
My hubby has a Coolata addiction. Seriously. So in an effort to not spend $4 a day on coffee, I scoured the internet and found a recipe, after tweaking to meet his desires, I think I found a winner. I make 1 batch every other day, So this amount will make approx 2 Coolatas. I use my Magic Bullet to make but I am sure you can in a blender.
- 1 1⁄4 cups strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon hazelnut syrup
- 8 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups ice
- Make coffee using double the amount of grounds with the same amount of water as normal. *I use 4 cups of water and 8 scoops of Hazelnut coffee- still using the hazelnut syrup*.
- Mix all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with whipped cream if wanted.
This is really great! I can see this being fantastic with other flavors as well... Like chai. I did make a few changes based on what I had in the house... So I used Splenda rather than sugar, half ev milk and half skim for the whole milk, and a T hazelnut flavored Splenda rather than syrup... I just cut back on the 8 T a touch. Really creamy, and I can see how one could become addicted to these... I am well on the way myself! To make the strong coffee, I used my stovetop espresso pot with extra grounds.