Recipe by Crab Cake Guy
A great recipe for Dungeness crab cakes courtesy of Fisherman Express Alaska Seafood. For additional information or other recipes visit www.crabcakeguy.com. Thanks and enjoy the Dungeness Crab Cakes.
Top Review by J. Ko
I made this recipe after adopting Crab Cake Guy from the PAC Fall 2007 Orphanage. I thought that the amounts of peppers, celery, green onion, paprika and chili powder seemed to be a little on the "light" side, so I increased the amounts of the vegetables to 2 Tbsp each, finely minced. I also increased the amounts of paprika and chili powder to approximately 1/2 tsp each, left the salt about the same and added a liberal amount of pepper. After combining all the ingredients, the mixture was a little loose so I added an extra egg to help bind it, as my eggs were a little on the small side. I used a 1/3 c measure to help form the crab cakes and got 10 generous cakes, which I fried in a small amount of olive oil. I served, as suggested, with mixed greens and a balsamic vinaigrette. I will definitely be making these again and again! Thank you Crab Cake Guy for posting such a delicious recipe!
- 1 lb dungeness crabmeat, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Break up the dungeness crab meat.
- Add peppers, celery, scallions, and spices. Add mayonnaise.
- Combine in bowl to form paste, then add eggs and bread crumbs to thicken.
- Form into round crab cakes.
- Deep fry or sauté in olive oil.
- Serve crab cakes with greens and balsamic vinaigrette.