Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A great recipe for Dungeness crab cakes courtesy of Fisherman Express Alaska Seafood. For additional information or other recipes visit www.crabcakeguy.com. Thanks and enjoy the Dungeness Crab Cakes.
- 1 lb dungeness crabmeat, cleaned
- 2 teaspoons scallions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons red bell peppers, chopped
- 2 teaspoons celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 egg, whipped
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 pinch paprika
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- Break up the dungeness crab meat.
- Add peppers, celery, scallions, and spices. Add mayonnaise.
- Combine in bowl to form paste, then add eggs and bread crumbs to thicken.
- Form into round crab cakes.
- Deep fry or sauté in olive oil.
- Serve crab cakes with greens and balsamic vinaigrette.
I made this recipe after adopting Crab Cake Guy from the PAC Fall 2007 Orphanage. I thought that the amounts of peppers, celery, green onion, paprika and chili powder seemed to be a little on the "light" side, so I increased the amounts of the vegetables to 2 Tbsp each, finely minced. I also increased the amounts of paprika and chili powder to approximately 1/2 tsp each, left the salt about the same and added a liberal amount of pepper. After combining all the ingredients, the mixture was a little loose so I added an extra egg to help bind it, as my eggs were a little on the small side. I used a 1/3 c measure to help form the crab cakes and got 10 generous cakes, which I fried in a small amount of olive oil. I served, as suggested, with mixed greens and a balsamic vinaigrette. I will definitely be making these again and again! Thank you Crab Cake Guy for posting such a delicious recipe!