Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A delicious cake that is high fiber, low fat and low sugar! A dieters dream come true!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans fruit cocktail in juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon clove
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder or 1 cup Splenda granular
- line 11 x 13 pan with quick release aluminum foil.
- in large bowl mix all ingredients until moist, pour in pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- I have also substituted the fruit coctail for 2 cups of berries and 1 cup of sugar free apple sauce.
Very good and moist, with good flavor. I used fiber one for all-bran and halved teh recipe, baking it in an 8x8 square pan. Turned out very nicely. I was looking for a healthier version of a fruit cocktail pudding that I made a few times, and this was a very good alternative!
Pretty good cake. I used the splenda and sort of made-do for the fruit cocktail. I had one can. For the second can I used a little leftover fruit cocktail that was in a small container in the fridge, plus some leftover canned peaches, and then unsweetened applesauce to make up the remaining few ounces. This cake is very moist and, I'm hoping, a nice lunchbox addition.