Recipe by Mirj
I invented this recipe about six months ago when requested to bring a frozen dessert to a holiday potluck. Since then I've made it about once a month, and it is always a hit. I gave one away as a hostess gift to a friend when she invited us for Friday night dinner, and got a phone call the following week to say that the leftovers were all finished and her daughter had gone into mourning over the fact. I use Rivka's Dulce De Leche Heavenly Ice Cream in the recipe, but you can use any brand or your own version of homemade ice cream.
- 6 cups dulce de leche or 6 cups butterscotch ice cream, slightly melted
- 2 chocolate cake, cut into thin slices (loaf size)
- 1 cup sugared pecans, ground to dust
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a deep, square or oblong dish (freezer safe) with one of the sliced loaf cakes.
- Spread with 3 cups of dulce de leche ice cream.
- Sprinkle with half of the pecan dust.
- Repeat with another layer, cake, ice cream and dust.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.