Prep 4 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I invented this recipe about six months ago when requested to bring a frozen dessert to a holiday potluck. Since then I've made it about once a month, and it is always a hit. I gave one away as a hostess gift to a friend when she invited us for Friday night dinner, and got a phone call the following week to say that the leftovers were all finished and her daughter had gone into mourning over the fact. I use Rivka's Dulce De Leche Heavenly Ice Cream in the recipe, but you can use any brand or your own version of homemade ice cream.
- 6 cups dulce de leche or 6 cups butterscotch ice cream, slightly melted
- 2 chocolate cake, cut into thin slices (loaf size)
- 1 cup sugared pecans, ground to dust
- Line a deep, square or oblong dish (freezer safe) with one of the sliced loaf cakes.
- Spread with 3 cups of dulce de leche ice cream.
- Sprinkle with half of the pecan dust.
- Repeat with another layer, cake, ice cream and dust.
- Cover and freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Absolutely deeeelicious. Only one problem, not to good for the diet. But well worth making. Looks good too. Thanks Miriam
You are right. Everyone raved and ate every speck. Easy too. I like Rivka's Ice Cream plain - yum - also.