Kate in Katoomba's Note:
The flavours here are fabulous and very easy to make if you have access to a good Chinese BBQ shop. From the ABC Delicious magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red chile, seeds removed.
- 6 tablespoons good quality plum jam
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 350 g soba noodles
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, cut into batons
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 1Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and add chilli and cook for one minute over a medium heat.
- 2Add jam, ginger, sesame oil and vinegar.
- 3Stir over low heat until combined.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Cook noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and toss with half the sauce.
- 6Remove meat from the duck and shred.
- 7To serve, divide noodles between the bowls.
- 8Add the duck, cucumber and onion.
- 9Drizzle with the remaining sauce.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duck Salad With Noodles And Plum Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 489.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 709.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 16.5 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar
Chinese barbecued duck