Recipe by Kate in Katoomba
The flavours here are fabulous and very easy to make if you have access to a good Chinese BBQ shop. From the ABC Delicious magazine.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small red chile, seeds removed.
- 6 tablespoons good quality plum jam
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 350 g soba noodles
- 1 Chinese barbecued duck
- 1⁄2 telegraph cucumber, cut into batons
- 8 spring onions, finely sliced on the diagonal
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat vegetable oil in a saucepan and add chilli and cook for one minute over a medium heat.
- Add jam, ginger, sesame oil and vinegar.
- Stir over low heat until combined.
- Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and toss with half the sauce.
- Remove meat from the duck and shred.
- To serve, divide noodles between the bowls.
- Add the duck, cucumber and onion.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce.