Duck Breast in a Salt Crust
- Cut the skin of the duck breasts in a criss cross pattern and fry for 2 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove the breasts and let drain.
- Cover the bottom of a small heat proof dish with a 1 cm layer of salt.
- Lay the duck breasts in the dish next to each other and sprinkle generously with salt and just a little water.
- Preheat the oven to 460 F/250°C.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes so that the breasts are still pink inside.
- Remove from oven and leave to stand for another 5 minutes.
- Then remove the salt crust, cut the meat into slices and serve.