1/1 Photo of Duchess Potatoes
I really like this fun version of mashed potatoes. Everyone gets their own serving or you can get really creative and pipe them around your entree. I also love that you can make them one day ahead. From Betty Crocker's Meat and Potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut potatoes into large pieces if desired.
- 2Heat 1 inch water to boiling in Dutch oven.
- 3Add potatoes.
- 4Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Cook whole potatoes 30 to 35 minutes, pieces 20 to 25 minutes, or until tender; drain.
- 6Shake pan gently over low heat to dry potatoes.
- 7Heat oven to 425ºF.
- 8Grease cookie sheet.
- 9Mash potatoes until no lumps remain.
- 10Beat in milk in small amounts.
- 11Add 1/2 cup butter, salt and pepper.
- 12Beat vigorously until potatoes are light and fluffy.
- 13Add eggs; beat until blended.
- 14Drop potato mixture by 12 spoonfuls into mounds onto cookie sheet; or place in decorating bag with star tip and form rosettes or pipe a border around meat or fish.
- 15If cooking now, brush with melted butter and bake about 15 minutes or until light brown.
- 16If making ahead, do not add the melted butter until ready to bake; cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours; bake 20 to 25 minutes or until light brown.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Duchess Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 268.6
- Calories from Fat 91
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 85.1 mg
- Sodium 210.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 7.1 g