Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Slightly spicy and richly flavorful potatoes.
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add mustard seeds, cover to avoid splatter.
- After seeds crackle, add potatoes and hing.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Add chili powder, coriander powder, turmeric, salt, and fenugreek seeds; stir well.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are crispy and tender.
- Stir in cilantro.
Very simple but satisfying and healthy dish - I make variations of this often too, but omit the hing. You can also reduce the oil without any problems.