Recipe by Anita Harris
These are really yummy and make a good appetizer for parties, potlucks, etc...a lady my husband used to work with would make these and bring to our annual Xmas party. She never gave me the recipe but had told me what was in the sauce so I experimented until I got the same taste as the ones she made. ENJOY!!
Top Review by SusieQusie
A party just is not complete without _beer wienies_ and these made an appearance at my family Christmas gathering. The addition of bell pepper and onion is a new twist on a old favorite. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
- 1 (14 ounce) packagelit'l smokie cocktail franks
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, saute green pepper and onion in butter until soft.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, beer and water; bring to a boil then lower to simmer and cook about 30 minutes.
- Add cocktail wieners and stir until wieners are coated.
- Transfer mixture to crockpot and put temperature on low.
- Keep covered and on low.
- Let guests serve themselves from crockpot.
- Note: Double sauce ingredients if making 2 pkgs.
- of wieners.