Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I've been making these for quite a while now. The recipe is quick, quite simple and very tasty! You can use any flavor of jam you like. I generally prefer peach or apricot, but everybody seems to think that cherry suits the cookies very well!
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sesame
- 1 3⁄4 cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg white
- black sesame seed (to garnish)
- jam (to garnish)
- Place sesame in pan and bake at 350°F (175°C) until golden brown.
- Mix oil, margarine,wine and sugar in blender for a few minutes, until they look fluffy and white.
- Combine flour and sesame in a bowl, make a well and pour in oil mixture. Knead until you have a soft dough.
- Shape the cookies as you like, make a little well in the middle and put the jam inches.
- Brush the dough with the egg white and garnish with blanch sesame seeds.
- Place them in buttered pan and bake at 380°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes, until they start to look golden brown.
- Let them cool and store in container.