Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A little Valentine's fun; but the fragrance of this tea is so beautiful that you won't care if it makes anyone fall in love with you or not. I've included the pertinent info regarding the proper making of the tea, but if you just want a really wonderful herbal-black tea blend, brew some up any time. And always remember to use rose petals that haven't been treated with commercial pesticides!
- Place all ingredients (except water and sweetener) in an earthenware or copper tea kettle.
- Boil the 3 cups of water and add to the kettle; sweeten with sugar or honey as you wish.
- Tea should be brewed on a Friday during a waxing moon (signifies moving from empty to full).
- And before drinking, recite this rhyme: "By the light of moon waxing, I brew this tea, to make (your honey's name; like "Ed", for example) desire me.
- "Then take a swig and say "Goddess of Love hear now my plea; let [your honey's name] desire me!
- So mote it be, so mote it be.
- "As you can probably guess,"mote" an old word for"might"; it's still used in some Freemason rituals.
- Then, the following Friday, whip up this tea again and give it to your honey, who will then begin to fall in love with you.
- If nothing else, you'll share a great cup of tea!
Ok, I never thought I'd see a spell here, lol. Arn't you bending some rules regarding free will, harm none, ect? If you believe in that sort of thing anyway ;-)
Hi hi EdsGirlAngie, I want to say thank you for the inclusion of this onto our site.. I'm back out wandering around here iso a duck cranberry soup recipe -- again, thank you! ciao //ille