A little Valentine's fun; but the fragrance of this tea is so beautiful that you won't care if it makes anyone fall in love with you or not. I've included the pertinent info regarding the proper making of the tea, but if you just want a really wonderful herbal-black tea blend, brew some up any time. And always remember to use rose petals that haven't been treated with commercial pesticides!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place all ingredients (except water and sweetener) in an earthenware or copper tea kettle.
- 2Boil the 3 cups of water and add to the kettle; sweeten with sugar or honey as you wish.
- 3Tea should be brewed on a Friday during a waxing moon (signifies moving from empty to full).
- 4And before drinking, recite this rhyme: "By the light of moon waxing, I brew this tea, to make (your honey's name; like "Ed", for example) desire me.
- 5"Then take a swig and say "Goddess of Love hear now my plea; let [your honey's name] desire me!
- 6So mote it be, so mote it be.
- 7"As you can probably guess,"mote" an old word for"might"; it's still used in some Freemason rituals.
- 8Then, the following Friday, whip up this tea again and give it to your honey, who will then begin to fall in love with you.
- 9If nothing else, you'll share a great cup of tea!
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Druid Love Potion Tea
Serving Size: 1 (30 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1.1
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black tea leaves
fresh rose petals