Prep 55 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Make and share this Dried Fruit Roll-Ups recipe from Food.com.
- * For each cup of fruit you will need 1-1/2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Chop peaches, nectarines or plums very fine, being careful to reserve the juice. Place fruit and its juices in saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil until candy thermometer reads 180 degrees.
- Cool slightly.
- Put into blender and mix until smooth.
- Return to heat and cook until the mixture has the consistency of a thick paste and is reduced by half.
- Spread fruit 1/4-inch thick on plastic-wrapped trays or cookie sheets.
- Cover pans with a cheesecloth screen, taking care to keep the cheesecloth from touching fruit. Place in direct sunlight for 12 to 24 hours until dry (bring in at nighttime). You can also bake in a 250-degree oven for about 4 hours.
- Put the fruit on a lightly greased cookie sheet or use foil to line tray.
- Fruit rollups are done when edges pull back from plastic and center is not sticky when cooled.
- Ten cups of fruit will cover a 12 x 17-inch tray.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Serving Ideas : Make dried fruit roll-ups the old-fashioned way.