Recipe by BeachGirl
This is especially good for marinating meats for stir-frying, as well as chicken breasts, roasts, pork chops, or cubed venison. Double recipe if using a large cut of meat, such as roasts.
Top Review by PanNan
This was absolutely fabulous! I butterflied 2 pork tenderloins and placed them in a zip bag with a double recipe of the marinade. It was in the refrigerator for about 4 hours before grilling. Wow! Delicious. I'm hanging on to this winner. Thanks for sharing BeachGirl.
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry (drinking kind-not cooking sherry)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Add all ingredients, except baking soda, and mix.
- Add baking soda and mix.
- It will begin to froth, and that's normal.
- Place meat (beef, chicken, pork, venison) in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate for 20 minutes up to several hours.
- Grill or stir-fry meats.
- Note: Do not leave meat in marinade overnight, as it will soften and flavor meats too much.