Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's an easy way to put your own special touch on a bottle of store bought BBQ sauce. If using a plain type of bottled sauce, feel free to add crushed red peppers to the sauce or bottled hot sauce.
- 1 (18 ounce) bottled barbecue sauce
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- crushed red pepper flakes or hot sauce, if desired
- Combine barbecue sauce and remaining ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- Serve with choice of grilled meat, or use to baste your choice of grilled meat.