Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw Paula make this and just had to try it. It's really good!
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 1⁄2 cups hot water
- mini marshmallows (optional)
- In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla, and salt; mix well.
- Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL!
- Top with marshmallows if desired.
- Can be store in refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.
I just threw it all in a crockpot and heated that way for a party. I did use the half milk/half water as recommended by others. Delicious!
Easy peasy, lots of cocoa flavor, and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made this as written and it was excellent! I will make this a lot during our long MN winters!