Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This combination of orange and vanilla will remind you of those dreamsicle/creamsicle ice cream bars that most of us will fondly remember. Great as a birthday cake for all ages! Recipe from Linda Larsen.
- 1 (18 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages orange gelatin, divided
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 (3 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding (no cook type)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare cake mix as directed on package, using eggs, orange juice and oil.
- Spray 13X9" with baking spray and add cake batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 30-40 minutes, until cake springs back when touched and starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Cool cake completely on wire rack.
- Using a wooden chopstick, or something similar,poke small holes all over the cake, going right to the bottom of pan.
- In a small bowl, place 1 box orange gelatin. Pour boiling water over gelatin and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Add 1 cup cold water and mix well.
- Slowly pour this mixture over the cake, making sure that the mixture gets into all the holes.
- Cover and chill for 2-4 hours.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 box orange gelatin, the pudding mix, milk, and vanilla and beat well.
- In small bowl, combine heavy cream and the powdered sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the cream mixture into the gelatin mixture and spread over cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours before serving.
- Note: times posted do not include cooling time.