vintage recipe from an envelope dream whip: "SMOOTH BUTTER FROSTING- A rich butter frosting! Vanilla, lemon, or orange–make your favorite flavor for cupcakes and cake"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine 1/3 cup milk, vanilla, and Dream Whip in large bowl.
- 2Add half of sugar; blend well. Whip rapidly until thickened–about 2 minutes.
- 3At medium speed alternately add remaining sugar and milk; beat after each addition.
- 4Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well.
- 5Makes 2 3/4 cups, enough for 8- or 9-inch layer cake or 24 cupcakes.
- 6LEMON OR ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING.
- 7Prepare as above; omit vanilla and substitute 2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice for the 2 tablespoons milk. Add 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange rind after beating in butter.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dream Whip Butter Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (649 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 860.4
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 38.9 mg
- Sodium 150.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 173.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 168.5 g
- Protein 2.1 g