Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
vintage recipe from an envelope dream whip: "SMOOTH BUTTER FROSTING- A rich butter frosting! Vanilla, lemon, or orange–make your favorite flavor for cupcakes and cake"
- Combine 1/3 cup milk, vanilla, and Dream Whip in large bowl.
- Add half of sugar; blend well. Whip rapidly until thickened–about 2 minutes.
- At medium speed alternately add remaining sugar and milk; beat after each addition.
- Add butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well.
- Makes 2 3/4 cups, enough for 8- or 9-inch layer cake or 24 cupcakes.
- LEMON OR ORANGE BUTTER FROSTING.
- Prepare as above; omit vanilla and substitute 2 tablespoons lemon or orange juice for the 2 tablespoons milk. Add 1 teaspoon grated lemon or orange rind after beating in butter.