Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Correctly named, these cookies are a dream both to make and to eat.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons flour
- FOR THE CRUST: Fit processor with METAL BLADE. Combine butter in processor with sugar. Process 3 seconds. Add flour and oats. Process 5 seconds. Remove and pat into greased 8 x 8 inch square pan. Bake in 325°F oven for 7 minutes. Remove.
- FOR THE FILLING: Fit processor with Metal Blade. Process nuts and raisins 3 seconds. Remove. Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla. Process 2 seconds.
- Mix baking powder with flour. Add, and pulse 3 times. Add nut mixture and process 1 second. Turn into pan, spreading over crust. Bake in 325°F oven for 30 minutes. Cut into bars while warm. Makes 16 bars.
- Woman’s Day.