Prep 48 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Halloween fun for everyone (you can add some vodka or rum for the adults...but you didn't hear that from me!). I'm really not sure how to put in Zaar times for prep and cook, so just take a look at the directions. It's very easy! The frist "ingredient" is: 1 new rubber glove, washed well and rinsed. The Zaar puter kept spitting that one back at me.
- 1 (64 ounce) bottle apple juice, chilled
- 1 (64 ounce) bottle cranberry juice, chilled
- 2 (32 ounce) bottles ginger ale, chilled
- red food coloring (optional)
- You will also need: 1 lb coffee, can washed and rinsed.
- To make the hand, fill rubber glove with water. Tie at the wrist with string and freeze one or two days. Unmold. Sometimes a finger will fall off when unmolding, this only adds to the ghoulish effect.
- To make a base for the hand, fill coffee can about 1/3 full with water. Insert the hand and freeze until firm. To remove, run water on the outside of can.
- When ready to serve pour half the chilled juices and ginger ale into the punch bowl. Insert hand ice mold in the center. Fill bowl with remaining juices and soda. For added effect, place a few drops of red food coloring on the tips of the fingers just before serving.
This was a hit at our Halloween party we went to! I added Vodka and froze an ice ring with plastic vampire teeth in it! Thanks for posting I am sure I will make this again and again for different holidays as it is very versatile! Made for 1-2-3 Tag!
What a cute idea. I only used 1 bottle of each as there turned out not to be as many people as I thought. I also didnt' make the entire mold but just the hand. This is a punch I will make more then just at Halloween
I needed a spooky drink for lunch for the kids so made a couple of pitchers-no ice mold but frozen worms! Everyone loved it!!! Thank you, Annacia, for a great recipe! Made for the Think Pink Tag Game In Honor of Breast Cancer Awareness, October 2008.