Recipe by Ramona O.
Spicy, tangy beans. Very different and one of my favs. Use a slotted spoon while serving as this recipe produces a lot of "juice".
Top Review by ClarkeCC
This was rated as excellent by the baked bean snobs in my crew. A different flavor without being too strange. The cook time should be substantially higher, (I cooked it for 60 mins) as it does concentrate the flavor and reduce the liquid. All in all a great addition to summer potluck fare!
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup Dr. Pepper cola
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves