Recipe by davinandkennard
I am from Turlock. The Doctors Julien totally revolutionized medicine in our community around the turn of the century. This "recipe" has come down through the Julien and Olson family. Trust me it works!!!
Top Review by KyanaBelle
We call it a Hot Toddy around these parts. It was standard treatment for our worst colds. I didn't know about inhaling the steam, however. We would drink it, sweetened with some honey, and bundle up in blankets afterward to "sweat the cold out." It does work.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 ounces Bourbon (1 jigger)
- 2 slices lemons
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a cup muddle the bourbon, lemon slices, cloves, cinnamon and sugar.
- Pour over the boiling water.
- Cup your hands over the concoction and blow with your mouth and inhale through your nose.
- When cooler, if daring, draw a hot bath, sip it while soaking and crawl into bed.