Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Recipe courtesy of "Lloyd's Barbecue". I'm always looking for hearty, tasty appetizers that are super easy too and this seems like it would fit the bill! I have NOT tried this recipe, so please feel free to add your suggestions...
- 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken (can use prepackaged variety-Lloyd's)
- 1⁄2 cup canned whole kernel corn
- 1⁄2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- Layer first three ingredients on a large microwave-safe plate.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and heat on high 2 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with optional toppings and serve.
- **I also think this might be good if you heat the meat, corn and black beans, then put them on a thick bed of sour cream or cream cheese.**.
I made this today at work for the ladies to try. I have been looking for super bowl recipes. This one is really good and easy. I had to use kidney beans instead of black, and I put all the extras on the side. This is a keeper. Thank you.
I've made this several times when we have company and it is *devoured* every time. Make sure to use sturdy chips such as Scoops! :)