Recipe courtesy of "Lloyd's Barbecue". I'm always looking for hearty, tasty appetizers that are super easy too and this seems like it would fit the bill! I have NOT tried this recipe, so please feel free to add your suggestions...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups shredded barbecued chicken (can use prepackaged variety-Lloyd's)
- 1/2 cup canned whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- sliced green onion (optional)
- sliced ripe olives (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- 1Layer first three ingredients on a large microwave-safe plate.
- 2Cover tightly with plastic wrap and heat on high 2 1/2 minutes or until hot.
- 3Sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Top with optional toppings and serve.
- 5**I also think this might be good if you heat the meat, corn and black beans, then put them on a thick bed of sour cream or cream cheese.**.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Down Home Blues Dip
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.0
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.5 mg
- Sodium 103.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g