Prep 4 hrs
Cook 30 mins
- 4 cups diced cooked dove breasts
- 1 can chicken consomme
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup cream
- 2⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 ounces sherry wine
- Cook whole doves in chicken consomme until tender.
- Remove breasts and dice meat.
- Measure 4 cups and set aside.
- Take 3 tb.
- butter and blend in flour and cream.
- Take remaining 3 tb.
- butter and saute bread crumbs, green pepper, onion, parsley and sage.
- Mix the sauteed ingredients, flour mixture and dove meat.
- Place in skillet.
- Add salt, pepper and sherry; let cook gently for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Before serving, put into a casserole dish for a few minutes under the broiler.
- To keep right consistency while sauteing, add pot liquor left from cooking whole doves.