Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 dozen hard-cooked egg, peeled
- 3⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- fresh dill sprig
- Cut eggs lengthwise in half; remove yolks.
- Add yolks, mayonnaise, and the next 4 ingredients to a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Spoon or pipe filling into egg whites; cover and chill up to 8 hours.
- Garnish with dill springs (or the usual paprika).
- *Bacon-Stuffed Eggs—stir 2/3 cup crumbled cooked bacon, 3 tablespoons pickle relish, and ¼ cup chopped fresh chives into yolk mixture; proceed as directed.
- *Shrimp-Stuffed Eggs—Stir ¾ pound cooked, peeled, and chopped shrimp, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, and 6 minced green onions into yolk mixture; proceed as directed.